Thursday, July 1, 2010

BP3_DiscoveringWeb2.0Tools


I don’t know if it’s too lame or obvious to choose YouTube for this assignment, but the class previous to this one (Training and Motivational Development) was the first time I ever uploaded anything to YouTube. Since I am video editor trainer, having a place for new and existing editors to post their work (using the private settings) would be very beneficial. Ironically, we don’t really have a forum for editors to show off their work (outside of yearly awards) and this could be a good way to allow co-workers to see what each other is doing.

One of my RSS selections was an After Effects video page, but it would be even better if we could utilize our own employees’ work. To not only show off our work, but to have it be able to motivate other editor’s projects.

The biggest problem with this is copyright issues. The copyrights are not only held by my employer, but also the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, etc… They do not allow public postings of thing without permission, but that is why I would utilize the privacy settings. Not making it available for public viewing could get around these issues.

This is the point where I ask all of you following my blog (and you too, professor!) If any of you have a suggestion for a website similar to YouTube that is perhaps a little more private, something we could only utilize internally.

Being able to showcase your work is very important. I personally know that seeing other people do good work motivates me to do good work of my own. Using YouTube (or another site) would be a great way to do this.

(picture used with YouTube's blessing)

No comments:

Post a Comment