Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wk 3 Responses to Blogs

@ Pamela

I agree, Prezi was a very cool discovery. While I love structured, straight-to-the-facts bullet-points, Prezi was visually cool.

I think it's awesome you already have an idea where you want to present. I'm super scared about mine since I'm not really a face of my company and I like it that way (I turn down offers to be on TV for bit parts all the time).

While I was a Toastmaster in high school and have no problem speaking in public, I was always just representing myself...


@ Gregg

For some reason, I really want a Crystal Pepsi right now... Haha, right now... Also, you should have asked me to take a picture of my Back to the Future skateboard! I even used in some embarrassing assignment earlier!

I understand thinking you have a choice, but how much freedom do you really have there? I know at work, I don't have a lot, and from what my girlfriend tells me, it's hard for her to implement a lot of things because of a stubborn principal or whatever.

The Art of Possibility didn't seem particularly grounded in reality. I am a "just the facts" person, but recognizing limitations and working within those is a more common practice for me. We send out ideas every single day: show ideas, guest ideas, topic ideas, editing ideas, etc... and it's up to people above to choose to produce it or not.

I have no doubts that you're an awesome teacher, I've seen examples of it all year (it's been a year!). But I know I would continually be disappointed if I kept thinking I had a choice or trying to see what's possible yet rarely be able to execute that idea.

But again, I'm not an optimist, I'm more of a realist because I function better that way. I guess it's just easier to accept something and find the little wiggle room rather than pump myself up for a big letdown.

Man this long. Will probably make this my Wimba post as most of the class seemed to have gotten a lot from the book while I was very wary...

No comments:

Post a Comment